Saturday, October 11, 2008

Open Comment to Advance Indiana

Today Advance Indiana suggested that gay people shouldn't support Obama because he took a trip to Kenya and did an appearance with a Kenyan politician who is a distant cousin of Obama. AI implied that Obama supports the Islamic Sharia Law which requires that gays be put to death.

Here was my response:

I watched the entire video and Obama said absolutely nothing to support Odinga. Of course on that same visit, he also met with other political leaders in Kenya but the editing job told the story it wanted to tell.

Show me some evidence that Obama actually supports Sharia Law any more than the rest of us do (every time we buy gas), then I might believe you.

Frankly, I don't know why you focus on national political issues. You don't have anything new or original to say. Your local commentary is far more interesting and I think it makes you more credible. When you try to link Obama to Sharia Law, you look like a lunatic.


Guilt by association is a terrible standard to hold people to. But I'm noticing more and more that those who oppose Barack Obama have nothing left but trying to tie him to controversial figures. Those dead-enders have lost the war of ideas. If the election were 100% about the issues, Obama would win with 60-70% of the vote. That is why this campaign (and frankly most modern campaigns) aren't about issues, they about character.

Frankly, I would rather vote for someone's tax policy than vote against them because they stood next to someone at a public rally. Oh well. It's over in 3 weeks.

4 comments:

Tyrion said...

Raila Odinga is an Anglican, not a muslim. The idea that he would agree to try to impose Sharia law on a nation which is only 10% Muslim is absolutely absurd.

Vox Populi said...

It is even more absurd to suggest that Obama supports Sharia. But when all you have is lies, they may as well be whoppers.

Marti said...

Why do you even stop by and read that stuff? I haven't in a very long time. He doesn't like the Carson's, who he tries to connect to Louis Farrakhan. He doesn't like Obama, who he tries to connect with radical (even if they're not) Muslims. See a pattern? I do. I won't give him the traffic.

Vox Populi said...

Marti, I think his local stuff is sometimes interesting. I just think his rabid anti-Obama rants are distracting, irritating, and unoriginal.

And I have to admit that I too got whipped up in the Farrakhan thing, much to my own embarrassment. Andre has done us proud so far.